2021 Austin String Band Camp Jam
October 15 - 17, 2021
The Austin String Band Camp Jam will be an enjoyable and low-key weekend of jamming, camping, friends, and music, held in lieu of our normal String Band Festival as we all learn to navigate the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
Follow us on Facebook for any last-minute updates!
AFTM will not charge an admission fee for this event! If you would like to support us, please consider signing up for or renewing your AFTM membership.
Campers will need to pay camping fees directly to Camp Ben (all payment forms accepted).
- Tent: $15/night
- RV with Hookups: $20/night
Questions about camping can be directed to Camp Ben: (512) 858-2084
We encourage folks to come out and relax, jam with the friends they feel safe with, and enjoy the beautiful grounds at Camp Ben.
On Saturday, we have some jams and small campsite performances lined up that we hope will contribute to a music-filled and magical atmosphere!
Organized jams - Held in the pavilion:
- 1PM: Old Time, hosted by Britt Irick
- 3PM: Classic Country, hosted by Gary Mortensen
- 4PM: Bluegrass, hosted by Tom Duplissey and Shawn Spiers
Campsite performances - Times are subject to change. Check the posted whiteboard for up-to-date times and locations!
- 4PM: Gene and Marynell Young
- 5PM: Double Eagle String Band
- 6:30PM: Rosebud
- 7PM: Mira Dickey - Spooky Norwegian Tunes
- 8PM: Lloyd Wright
- Midnight: Anji Pearl Day - Shots and Storytime plus open jam afterwards
If you'd like to host a jam or campsite performance, use the whiteboard we'll have on-site to sign up and let others know. Common areas at the camp will be available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Pavilion performances - Hosted by Anji Pearl Day
- 6PM: Ghost Jammers
- 9PM: Clyde
- After: Hippies...
Guests are welcome to bring their own food, as well as to venture into the surrounding area.
Trash and Recycling
Please practice "pack it in, pack it out" at the Camp Jam. We will have very limited capacity for trash collection, and will rely on guests to pack out their own trash and recycling. Thanks for helping us out!
We strongly encourage that guests to the Camp Jam get vaccinated before the event. Please wear masks when physical distancing is not adhered to. Please be kind and remember that we're all part of a loving community that looks out for each other.
What to Bring
- Chairs suitable for jamming and relaxing
- Food, water, and other beverages
- Masks and hand sanitizer
What Not to Bring
Please do not bring the following:
- Drinks in glass bottles
- Dogs. Many of us love our pets and yours, but not everyone does and we want to have a comfortable experience for all guests.