Austin String Band Festival 2018
October 19-21, Camp Ben McCulloch
The Festival is ON, rain-or-shine!
The 13th Annual Austin String Band Festival will be held on October 19-21, 2018, just west of Austin at beautiful Camp Ben McCulloch near Driftwood, Texas. It's one of the best-kept secrets in the Austin area, a music festival with small crowds in a lovely natural setting, with close-in parking. Presented by the Austin Friends of Traditional Music, this festival celebrates all kinds of regional string band music with live acoustic performances, workshops, jams, dancing, and great food.
- Sorry, NO DOGS (except for service animals) are permitted at Camp Ben during the festival. We love dogs, but please do not bring them to the festival. Contact us for a list of nearby kennels if needed.
- Please pay your Friday and Saturday night camping fees at the festival entrance. If you come earlier, pay Camp Ben directly.
- Pack it in, pack it out: Please take your recycling and trash home with you as much as possible. We will gladly provide you with bags!
Tickets are available at the gate by cash, check or credit card. Or, you can order in advance from: Brown Paper Tickets.
|General||AFTM Member||Student *|
|Kids under 16||Free|
Friday: 7pm Clara & The Broken Barrel Stringband · 8:30pm Roll Fast Ramblers · 9:45pm The Onlies with T-Claw, caller
Saturday: 2pm Ryan Gould and the Little Kings · 3pm Double Eagle String Band · 4pm Cory McCauley and His Evangeline Aces, with Peter Schwarz · 5pm Clara & The Broken Barrel Stringband · 6pm The Frauleins · 7pm The Barn Owls with T-Claw, caller · 8pm Felipe Perez with Rudy Calderon, Virginio Castillo · 9pm Wood & Wire · 10pm The Onlies · 11:15ish Crazy Late Night Square Dance with The Onlies and Clara’s Broken Barrel buddies, with T-Claw calling
- Wood & Wire
- The Onlies with Vivian Leva
- Felipe Perez and Rabbit Sanchez
- Clara and the Broken Barrel String Band
- Roll Fast Ramblers
- Cory McCauley and His Evangeline Aces, with Peter Schwarz
- The Double Eagle String Band
- The Frauleins
- The Barn Owls
- Ryan Gould and the Little Kings
- And more ...
A Few Reminders
The string band festival is a family friendly event. If you are planning to come to the festival please note the following.
- BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR FOR THE WORKSHOPS OR FOR EXTRA COMFORT.
- BRING YOUR OWN COOLER, BUT NO GLASS BOTTLES.
- NO FIREWORKS OR WEAPONS.
Yummy grub for carnivores and vegetarians alike served at the Festival Cafe.
Sorry, No Dogs
We love dogs, but please leave them at home.
NO DOGS ALLOWED except service animals.