- Usually every 2nd Sunday at 2:00pm but we don't have a venue at this time. Email Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and updates.
Every Wednesday night, 7:30 - 10 pm, Hancock Recreation Center, 811 E. 41st.
Most third Sundays at the Texas Music Museum ,1109 E 11th St, Austin TX2-5PM Tune\Song circle. All types of traditional music welcome. For more information, see this Facebook Event Page.
Austin Scandinavian Folk Music and Dance Events
Meet every WEDNESDAY in the BACK ROOM at Hancock Recreation Center with open Scandinavian folk music jam sessions, open mics, song sessions, and dance events, 7:30pm-9:45pm, FREE. More info and calendars on the Facebook Page, Website, and Twitter.
Bluegrass Jams. For information about Bluegrass jams check the Central Texas Bluegrass Association website.
- Every Tuesday night, 7-7:30pm, Rio Rita's, 1308 E. Sixth St, near Navasota. Contact Britt at email@example.com for more information.
- 4th Sunday of each month 2pm-5pm. Meets at homes around town. Beginner jam from 2-3:30pm, Intermediate jam 3:30-5pm. Request to join Yahoo Group to get info and keep in touch with other members.
- Irish - Every Sunday, 7:00 - 10:00 pm
- Every Saturday from about 5PM 'til whenever. St. Roch's Bar 515 Pedernales(just south of E. 6th)
OUT OF AUSTIN JAMS
- Monthly Jam Camps are held on the courthouse square in Fayetteville, Texas on the second Saturday of every month, April through November. Open acoustic jamming is welcome in the Park day and night. Some pickers begin arriving Friday afternoon and will jam well into the night.
- Check the website for more details. Texas Pickin' Park.